Subject: Re: Cyclades board
To: Michael VanLoon <mvanloon@wspu.MICROSOFT.com>
From: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/16/1996 09:57:21
Michael L. VanLoon:

> Did someone mention that they were interested in updating the driver for
> this board?  I believe I remember someone mentioning a possible port of
> the FreeBSD Cyclades driver.  Is someone actually working on this, or
> was it just an idea.

I am going to get one Cyclades card (unless I find something better).  The
cards are not available here in Finland right now, so I'll have to wait.
If you want to do something about the driver, please, go ahead :-)

I thought the Cyclades board was semi-intelligent, but after visiting the
Cirrus home page I found out that it's quite close to UARTs with 12-byte
FIFOs. :-(

I wanted to get something better than the A2232 card for the Amiga.. it
has 16 KB of RAM and a CPU of its own.

  -jm