Subject: Re: Synchronous IO boards for NetBSD
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/1996 10:14:53
>Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>  wrote:
> >
> > I also know Riscom have support in BSD/OS, but I don't know the
> > quality.
>
>We have a Riscom/N2 board with BSDI and it worked fine for a regular
>56k line... However, we them got a frame-relay link to another provider
>and that rendered the Riscom board useless.. We spoke to Riscom and they
>promised Frame-Relay "any day now"... After waiting 2 months, there was
>still no frame-relay driver... Eventually we gave in and bought a Cisco
>and got over the whole thing... We've still tried to keep in contact
>with Riscom but I've heard nary a thing about any Frame-Relay code...

Their frame relay was in "beta" when we introduced our FR product for
BSD/OS in August '94. (yes, thats 1994). Must be a VERY comprehensive
product.

Much chest beating......

dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous PC Cards and Routers For Discriminating
Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC,
and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD and LINUX.