Subject: Re: DigiBoard drivers?
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@domino.org>
From: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/09/1996 11:53:35
>    Is there a driver for DigiBoard
>    PC/4?  This board has four serial ports which share one interrupt line.
>
> Is this one of the `smart' boards, or one of the `dumb' ones?

It is a dumb board with some 'clever' interrupt logic.  The manual describes
the logic, but we haven't got the driver working yet (working on a new
driver).  It seems that the UART INT signal doesn't get through to the
motherboard, so maybe the manual isn't telling everything about the on-board
logic. :-(

> We don't yet have support for the `smart' boards,
> but we'd like to (hint, hint).

Yeah, I'm trying to get a Cyclades board and see if it can be made to work..
but I have no idea when I can get one :-(

  -jm (in the disguise)