Subject: Re: Voxware addition to NetBSD
To: None <mycroft@domino.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/1996 12:47:14
> I'd really suggest that if you want better audio, you instead spend
> some time working on our own audio subsystem.  While it does have a
> few problems, many of them are addressed (and fixed) by recent PRs.
> The only thing really missing is a wavetable interface.
I have another bunch of fixes to the audio drivers.  Unfortunately
they also require some changes to things outside the audio
drivers (you need to change the way DMA works).  So if you hang
on the audio for NetBSD will improve.

What is still completely missing, but which is in Voxware is
the synthesiser support (with MIDI).  I've no plans for
looking at those things.

	-- Lennart