Subject: NCR driver broken again
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/06/1996 20:16:39
It appears that i386 kernels built from current sources sport NCR
drivers that suffer from all the stigmata that NCR drivers were
suffering from before we did some ugly hacking to them a while
back. In particular, slow machines or fast drives now cause mondo
trouble -- sometimes the drives fail to allow you to boot entirely.

Stay tuned. I'm going to try to determine what has changed.

Meanwhile, is any kind soul out there ever going to rewrite the thing?
Its the only way that the NCR driver will ever work properly in all
likelyhood.

Perry