Subject: x86 reference manuals?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1996 23:22:43
I'm wondering if there's any way of getting around paying Intel for
their ref manuals... are there online versions that are just as good?
This is, after all, a hobby and the dust on my 6502 & Z80 books is a good
testament to their short useful lives...
I've got que's "Using Assembly Language" and Norton's "pink shirt" book
but as I remember they are pretty basic & muddle the lines between DOS
and BIOS and x86... maybe I need to look over them again.

Suggestions?

PS: If anyone wants to trade, I'll send you a new shiny Motorola manual
of your choice; I've got the 601 and 603 on hand, can get others.

PPS: I heard the O/S writer's manual is pretty good, describes the modes
real well, any comments

tnx & advance