Subject: Re: Newbie - Compiling a new kernel
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Roberts <steve@rsp.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/04/1996 18:08:02

>   I am a newbie to NETBSD i386 Ver 1.0.
>
>You might consider updating to 1.1.
>
>           files.i386:21: requirement expression failed: isa scsi mot bt
>           files.i386:21: requirements not met
>
>This would happen if you tried to include both an `aha' and a `bt' device
>in the same kernel.  Take one or the other out, or, if you know they are
>at different addresses, you could remove the `not bt' and `not aha' flags.

Actually I did try to install 1.1 firstly but came across an annoying
problem. When booting the kernel from floppy the proceedure would get to the
point at which it displayed the HD stuff and reboot the machine ???.

That's why I went back to 1.0. Plus I had all of the distribution of 1.0
already on our server !

Thanks for the help I have fixed this one.

Steve.

Steve Roberts                                           steve@rsp.com.au
Rising Sun Pictures P/L                               Tel - 618 364 6074
42 High Street                                        Fax - 618 361 2298
KENSINGTON    SA    5068                          http://www.rsp.com.au/