Subject: Re: Floating point hardware vs. software
To: Max Bell <mbell@europa.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/1996 13:11:41
>What?!  I assumed the 486+ FP hardware would automatically be used if
>present.  Do you mean that this is not the case?  If you do, please enlighten
>me as to how to edit the makefile in question -- or tell me to UtSL.

Remove the commented out lines in /usr/src/lib/libm/Makefile dealing
with the I387.

Someone REALLY needs to rewrite the FP emulation code.  The problem
is, I don't need it and it isn't a trivial thing for me to get up to
speed on.  And NetBSD has fallen lower on the priority list again, now
that school has started and I'm working a lot on my for-pay jobs,
and...

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!