Subject: Re: linux pcmcia drivers
To: Curt Sampson , Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: proprietor - Foo Bar And Grill <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/1996 10:11:31
#define AUTHOR "curt@portal.ca (Curt Sampson)"

/*
 * On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:
 *
 * > It might be worthwhile to verify that they are indeed called "PC cards"
 * > now, and name the driver appropriately.  I've heard that PCMCIA has been
 * > dropped in favor of the simpler (but perhaps more ambiguous) form.
 *
 * On the other hand, people still understand PCMCIA, even if they
 * can't remember it, and at least it isn't ambiguous. I'm always
 * confused when someone says 'PC cards' to me, because I'm never sure
 * what they really mean.

Indeed -- could be PCI, PCMCIA, VESA, VLB, ISA, EISA, SEISA, NIEISA,
SMKDEISAFH [*]...

 *
 * Besides, it's such an easy acronym: "People Can't Memorise Computer
 * Industry Acronyms." :-)
 *
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "curt@portal.ca (Curt Sampson)" */

[*] Super EISA, New Improved EISA, Super Mondo Killer Death EISA From Hell...

				--*greywolf;
--
"Yikes!" said Wile E. Coyote.
"Beep! Beep!" said the Road Runner.