Subject: PROBLEMS WITH I386 (386 DX-25) AND THE WD.C DRIVER
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/1996 11:51:19
	hello fellow NetBSD users.  I am trying to install NetBSD 1.1 on an older
386DX 25 machine with 8MB of memory.  This machine contains a Seagate
ST1144AT IDE drive, with an unknown IDE controller of somewhat older
vintage.  This machine used to work fine under NetBSD 0.9A, but now, I am
unable to write disk labels, newfs a partition, etc. with NetBSD 1.1
straight out of the box, as well as 1.0A of June 16, 1995.  The error I get
is:

(hand copied, so could be wrong)
wdc0: lost interrupt 51<DRDY,SC_ER> 10
Also, I get:
hard error writing block: nnnn
where nnnn
is the block corresponding to the end of the root partition.
Writing disk labels doesn't cause them to stick around between reboots.
Any help on debugging this problem would be greatly appreciated.
-thanks
-Brian