Subject: Re: linux pcmcia drivers
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/1996 09:49:02
"PC cards" is the work of the (very busy) devil and should go the way of
/dev/com*, "cyber*" and "Now available for Windows" (hmm, X?)
That having been said, I don't really feel that strongly but I don't think
we should compound the mistake by endorsing it.  It is the one of the most
ambiguous acronyms I've seen invented to date.  Marketspeak.

>Besides, it's such an easy acronym: "People Can't Memorise Computer
>Industry Acronyms." :-)

Pulse Code Modulation Central Intelli.. hmm, no.  Dang.
--
QOTD: "We here at Be know the difference between graphics and video.
       That's why we call our hardware graphics cards, not video cards" -- Be