Subject: Re: PCMCIA-support?
To: Dag Brattli <dagb@stud.cs.uit.no>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/1996 06:44:48
Sorry for the delay, work's been busy lately :-(

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996 14:42:58 MET  Dag Brattli wrote:

> It seems to me that after reading the Linux 3c589_cs driver, that they
> have used the CardServices layer to read the address right. This layer
> is not yet implemented in NetBSD.

In the Net/OpenBSD PCMCIA framework, there is no card services.  Normally
information is read directly from the card itself after it is mapped.
It sounds like the 3c589's ethernet address is someplace different
than expected.  There are provisions to be able to get the address
from elsewhere; it's just a matter of someone who has access to
such a card sitting down and figuring it out...