Subject: Re: Recommendable PCI/SCSI configs available in Australia
To: George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
From: Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/1996 18:14:35
George Michaelson stands accused of saying:

> Can anybody recommend Australian-available configs? I have a "Moebius"
> system myself which is 100Mhz but 70ns memory and will not work with
> any flavour of cache enabled :-( (triton chipset, and NOT an asus MB)
>
> It looks like ASUS motherboards are consistently viable, and include
> on-MB SCSI which might be useful for them.

ASUS are hard to get in Australia.  I've been working with Y-Micro on parts
selection for our systems, and have come up with a combination I'm very
happy with.

Basically, you want a Soyo Triton-based motherboard (they have a PB
cache model, but I don't have pricing on PB modules yet) with a P120
and ASUS SC-200 SCSI controller.  They also carry #9, so pick a card that
suits your budget 8)

We have a number of these machines (P100 & P120) and they're very solid.
Y-Micro are generally pretty good to deal with too, certainly we've always
had excellent support & v. quick warranty turnaround.

> -George

If you need more details, contact me directly.

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[