Subject: Re: Asus P55TP4XEG
To: None <jeff_kreska@pts.mot.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/1996 23:21:39
On Fri, 26 Jan, jeff_kreska@pts.mot.com wrote:
>On Thu January 25, 1996 "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" wrote:

> > >	AHA2940 SCSI (using ahc driver)
> > >It probes the com and lpt ports, then seems to lock.  The next device
> > >listed in my config file (and the next one I would expect it to
> > >probe) would be the ahc.
> > >If anyone has such a hint, please share.  :)

> > Should have bought a BusLogic card. :-)

>I don't know if I would go that far.  Buslogic is terible when it comes to
>getting tech support!

My experience has been the opposite.

And, at least they'll talk to you if you want to develop for their
cards, but aren't offering cash.

What kind of support does Adaptec lend to the free unix business?  A
"go away until you come with cash".  That's hardly my idea of support.
Please don't get me started...

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...