Subject: Re: Strange xterm
To: None <s569@brems.ii.uib.no>
From: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/1996 17:07:11

> Maybe not the right place, but anyway....
>
> Running NetBSD 1.1 and XFree86 3.1.2.
> My xterm behaves somewhat strange when changing lines.  It puts a tab
> or something in front, the reult beeing each line is further in. I've
> studied my setup for hours without any luck !!!
>
> -Tom

The "stair-stepping" xterm as they call it.

This can be overcome with a 'stty' but the official patch to 1.1 corrected
this.  Download it from ftp.netbsd.org (or your favorite mirror site)
today!

--
Matthew B. Wood                                               mbwood@netcom.com

  "Hello, Hello Kitty", said Tuxedo Sam.
  A voice answered back, louder than a thousand rock concerts, with words
which seemed to stretch from pole to pole, from the lowest hell to the
highest heaven: "I AM HELLO KITTY, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!"