Subject: Re: Asus P55TP4XEG
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1996 16:37:15
I wrote:

>I found out that port 0x280 irq 12 may be a Bad Place for my ethernet
>card.  Windows locks as well while probing it.  I'm going to try a
>kernel without the ethernet dricer and see what happens.

I found out the problem.  The card allows for all manner of hacks to
make it ``faster'' on an ISA bus.  Things like putting the data on the
bus in the wrong time frams and such (usually all faster than normal)
and once these were set back to ``normal'' it works.

Just one more thing to check on ``broken'' cards.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!