Subject: Re: reboot problem
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1996 16:37:34
In message <199601252123.QAA16730@jekyll.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writ
es:

> Wayne Berke writes:
> > Should I take this to mean that the chronic reboot problem on i386s has bee
> > fixed for SCSI-based systems in current?
>
> I don't know anything about any such problem.
>
> .pm

Well, maybe we're talking about different things but I've always had the
problem (admittedly on 1.0) where a reboot or halt command would shutdown
the machine but not always automatically reboot.  The only way to do so was via
the reset button.  Of course, sometimes it *does* work.

This problem was possibly fixed in 1.1 or current but I haven't heard so.