Subject: Adaptec bounce buffer support from Adaptec?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bert Driehuis <driehuis@playbeing.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1996 01:47:41
Just to rub the point of "obsolete hardware" in: The latest EZ-SCSI drivers
from Adaptec for Windows list in the release notes that the 32bit windoze
driver does not work in a machine with more than 16MB RAM, citing
fundamental "limitations" of the ISA bus design.

Personally, I'm not hampered by the limit (heck, my motherboard doesn't
take more than 16 1MB SIMM's), but I feel NetBSD shouldn't go down the same
path as Windoze...   :-)    Glad to see someone picked up the PR with the
bounce buffer support. It's been a major selling point for Linux for too
long (yes, I know, and for FreeBSD, but that doesn't hurt as much).

                                        -- Bert Driehuis

------
Bert Driehuis                 God, grant me the serenity to accept the things
driehuis@playbeing.org        I can't change, courage to change the things I
                              can, and the wisdom to know the difference.