Subject: Asus P55TP4XEG
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1996 23:47:52
I have one of these boards, and it seems unable to boot NetBSD.  The
system components are:
	32M in two 16M sticks
	AHA2940 SCSI (using ahc driver)
	two serial, one parallel
	Onboard IDE and floppy (EIDE)
	El-cheapo ISA video (until my PCI card arrives)
	SB16 and NE2000 compatible (all ISA as well)

It probes the com and lpt ports, then seems to lock.  The next device
listed in my config file (and the next one I would expect it to
probe) would be the ahc.

It was locking up when I had com3 in the kernel without there
being a com3, and I suspected it was upset that there was no lpt[12]
there, but after removing them it still doesn't boot.

I'm going to start sprinkling printfs around until I either give up and
return the motherboard or get a hint from someone here.  :)

If anyone has such a hint, please share.  :)

--Michael