Subject: Re: Adaptec bounce buffer support from Adaptec?
To: why is this always have to be capitalized? <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1996 20:46:52
>Personally, I'm not hampered by the limit (heck, my motherboard doesn't
>take more than 16 1MB SIMM's), but I feel NetBSD shouldn't go down the same
>path as Windoze...   :-)    Glad to see someone picked up the PR with the
>bounce buffer support. It's been a major selling point for Linux for too
>long (yes, I know, and for FreeBSD, but that doesn't hurt as much).

Perhaps I'll check out FreeBSD.  I really and truly love NetBSD, but I also
love my 1542CF, and want more memory.  And if I'm going to put more memory
in my machine at work (pray for funding) I'd like to put netbsd.  But I'm
afraid for the time being that's not an option.  So that machine will either
run IDE, (ick) or 16M or less of memory.  It'll be a damn shame to have to
run NT on such a wicked machine.

Consider my bounce buffers vote tendered.
--
Sean Berry is an ENTJ cellist who plays with netbsd.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my