Subject: Multi-port Cyclades cards
To: port i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1996 09:21:54
Dear All,

We are still looking for a good multi-port serial solution for NetBSD/i386
systems.  Has anyone heard of Cyclades cards?  They support up to 32 ports
and use a Cirrus CD1400 chip (I've heard).

Is there a driver for this card in the works?  It is supported in FreeBSD,
AFAIK.  Would it be difficult to port the FreeBSD driver to NetBSD?

As routers are quite expensive, it would be nice to use a good multi-serial
card to hook up modems to a NetBSD system.  I use the A2232 7-port card on
the Amiga, but now we need a similar solution for i386.

  Jukka Marin