Subject: video cards to avoid with xfree 86?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brandon Reed (alaric) <reed@engr.orst.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/1996 01:47:12
I'm currently getting ready to buy a new vlb video card to replace my ISA
card that spends too much time jumpscrolling text in tall xterms.
(it screams as long as there's only about 5 lines of text showing :) )

are there any in particular I should avoid?
configuration:
486 dx266
VLB eide
AMI winbios
PAS 16
panasonic 2x CD rom ... I wish we had drivers for this thing.
24 megs ram
ne2000 based net card.
standard io setup
current video CIrrus Logic 5422 based card.

ps I'm  mainly concerned with xfree86 being incompatible or not quite
ready with drivers.

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed