Subject: Re: mb_map full
To: None <neil@domino.org, tron@colwyn.owl.de>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/1996 14:18:07
> > I got a kernel message "Jan  9 09:39:47 colwyn /netbsd: mb_map full"
> > this morning. What does it mean? I never saw it before.
> >
> It means that the kernel ran out of mbufs. Which to put simply are network
> buffers. It may help to build a kernel with options GATEWAY defined. If not
> then you have some, difficult, tweaking to do.

What's difficult about "options NMBCLUSTERS=1024"? Works perfectly on my
64 MB machine when doing heavy NFS traffic.

I agree though that extending the mb_map statically is a hack.
It should be changed to a more dynamic way of doing things.
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800