Subject: PCI Breaks in 1.1
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-current@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/1996 19:52:39
I originally moved from FreeBSD to NetBSD because about a year ago
FreeBSD would detect two of everything on the PCI bus of my ASUS
PVI-486SP3, and try to use `both' NCR PCI controllers there, with
the predictable bad result. NetBSD did not do this.

Just today, I tried to boot up NetBSD 1.1 on my machine, and
discovered that it, unlike 1.0, now has the exact same problem!

Could this be anything to do with the mode 1/mode 2 bit? I notice
on boot that the system claims to be running in mode 1. However,
the second group of 16 devices seem to be a `reflection' of the
first.  Should I just hack the pci_machdep.c to scan only for the
first 16 rather than 32 devices? Or just set my kernel config to
use mode 2?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.