Subject: Re: AHA 2742 drivers
To: None <explorer@flame.org, soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/1996 03:57:48
> >Do you have any plan ?
>
> Oh, I've got lots of plans.  To write the EISA driver, no.
>
> The problems are several, but I suppose I could do it this way, if it
> can be done:

See NetBSD's aha1742.c:ahbprobe(), there is all necessary code.

# I think we should share eisa probe routine between
# aha1742.c/bt74x.c/aic7770.c, like FreeBSD-current.

> If this can be done, and there is someone with a 2742 to help me test,
> I'd be happy to work on it.

Isn't This way (scan slots) usable for AHA-2842 (VL) ?
FreeBSD seems to use same way for 2742 and 2842.
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group