Subject: Re: Using an Adaptec 2842 Controller w/ NetBSD 1.1 and 2940 support
To: None <explorer@flame.org>
From: Erik M. Theisen <etheisen@teclink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/1996 23:44:31
Well I tried the new aha284x.c driver with the exact same results.  To recap:

Upon rebooting the super block becomes corrupted.  fsck reports 'CPG OUT OF
RANGE' followed by FREE BLOCK COUNT WRONG.  After repairing the problem,
booting, running, and then rebooting the problem returns.  Apparently the
corruption happens while shutting down.

This problem occurs with the 1594 patch as well.  I also tried eliminating my 1
sector offset in the disktab for the 'a' and 'c' partions as well as using
disklabel's default MBR.

The 1 sector offset was present to circumvent the default 24MB partion that
disklabel installs (bootsd ?).  I can't wait for NT to see all that supposedly
unused space on the drive and try to smash my filesystem ;-).

I could really use any help/ideas as I am currently DOA because of this.

Thanks in advance,
erik