Subject: Modem troubles
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/1996 15:06:00
Hi,  sorry if this is really basic, but I'm having some troubles getting netbsd
to access my modem.  It's on com3 IRQ 5.  I can't access it at all.

The kernel config file has:
com2 at isa? port 3e8 irq 5    which is all right.

The tty02 file in /dev is set to major 8, minor 2.

if i "echo ATDT >/dev/tty02" it just sits there (I can't even suspend),
until I hit ^C, when it says "Interrupted System Call"

The line in the /etc/remote file says:
com2:dv=/dev/tty02:br#9600:at=hayes:

if I "tip com2" it sits there for a while, and eventaully says "Link Down".
If I "cu -l tty02 dir" it says Connected, but as soon as I hit a key, it
says "write: Input/output error".

And ideas?  I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't find anything
in any text files, or man pages, about what I should be doing.

Thanks a lot,
        Rick
Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/