Subject: Re: AHA 2742 drivers
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@hedgehog.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/1996 08:51:19
>I've been watching the commits lately and noticed that everything related
>to the AIC7xxx chipset is set up, except for the AHA2742.
>
>I happen to have a machine that's waiting for this.  Anyone have a patch,
>idea, or hint on what needs to be done to the latest -current/i386 setup
>to get the EISA version of this working?  I'm even willing to be a guinea
>pig for beta code.
>
>(I -really- need to get this done)

The aha284x driver (ahe) should work, but it doesn't to EISA
autodetection yet.

Use
ahe at isa? port 0x1c00 irq ?

where 1c00 is replaced with the correct ``slot'' number (2c00 for slot
two, I think.  I don't have EISA, and don't know exactly how it works,
which is why I didn't write that part :)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!