Subject: Re: Matlab 4 Linux install problem (big)
To: Mark Willey <willey@hillres155.cc.purdue.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1996 12:08:03
>From your ktrace output it is unfortunately not deductable what the error
is. All that I can see happening here (error-wise) is sigsuspend() returning
an EINTR, but that's what it's supposed to do.. It might be an error that
is not related to the emulation. The icleanpe script that it wants to
execute is something to clean out old files, and is executed differently
from a CD-ROM installation, this is what I gather by looking at it anyway
in another MAtlab installation around here (a Solaris one).

Did you run ktrace with the -i flag to get the output for the child processes
as well? This might clear up some things. The ktrace output will probably
get big, be warned :)

You can send me the whole ktrace output if you want. Or, if it's too big,
I can give you an ftp address to upload it to.

- Frank