Subject: Toshiba T2130CT laptop TrackPoint supported?
To: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/1996 21:26:50
You wrote (in your message from Sat 13)
 > Which leads me to the question in the subject line (sorry I'm a bit wordy
 > today) :  Is the pointy device (a Trackpoint) supported under 1.1, and if
 > so, how do I config it in my kernel? (i.e., what's the device)

I'm not 100% sure for the Toshiba trackpoint, but I think they are all
made by IBM.

Yes it's supported by NetBSD 1.1 by the 'pms' driver. Add :

pms0    at isa? port 0x60 irq 12        # PS/2 auxiliary port mouse

to your kernel config. This drivers make the PS/2 mouse behave like a
bus mouse, so in XF86Config, use:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "Busmouse"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

    Emulate3Buttons
    Emulate3Timeout    50

EndSection

/dev/mouse should be a soft link to /dev/pms0

					Matthieu