Subject: Re: 486 motherboard + PCI + NCR scsi?
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/1996 09:34:16
On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, VaX#n8 wrote:

> ... seems everyone is going PCI these days,
> so I was looking at a minimal-cost upgrade path to such a beast...
>
> All I've seen so far is the ASUS 486SP-G or whatever.
>
> I was thinking if there is another 486/PCI board that has a built-in
> NCR scsi that'd be a way to kill two birds with one stone...

I'm using the ASUS 486SP3-G pretty happily. My only real complaint
about it is that it has only two SIMM slots. On the other hand, it
does have a VLB slot which is handy if have an old video card or
something like that around.

ASUS makes a similar motherboard without the VLB slot but with a
built-in NCR controller instead of the IDE.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.