Subject: com port flow control broken?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/1996 11:49:35
I am connected to the larger world via a PPP link and a 14.4kbps
modem.  Some recent change has broken serial port flow control; while
I can download data without any problems (e.g. sup) I cannot upload
data (e.g. packages).  I think it's a flow control problem because
small amounts of data, like sup ack messages, get through OK.  Yes,
the crtscts flag is set on the com port when this happens.

I also can't get sendmail to work properly, and I have two PRs I need
to send.

My -current kernel was built with the new gcc, but I used the
-fno-strength-reduce flag when I built it, and I nuked all of the .o
files first.  Does anyone know of anything other than the gcc
strength-reduce bug that could have broken flow control in the i386
serial driver?
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel