Subject: Re: kern/1877: pppd hangs
To: David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/1996 12:49:57
In Message <199601061734.MAA19823@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu> ,
   David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

=>I was having trouble with my ppp interface hanging after a while.  It
=>turns out this is caused not by any changes in the kernel sources but
=>by compiling the kernel with gcc-2.7.2.  When I recompile the kernel
=>with 2.4.5, the problem goes away.

   True, but that begs the question, is it a gcc 2.7.2 bug or a
kernel bug that happens to be triggered by gcc 2.7.2 or perhaps
points to some flags that we need to give to gcc 2.7.2 to compile
the kernel.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts