Subject: Re: Adaptec 2842
To: None <simmons@darykon.wa.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/1996 05:59:55
I have come up with something which seems to work for the aha2842
(VLB) but I have two issues to resolve:

What should I call the driver, and what should I call the file it is
in?

It truely is aic7770.c, but is somewhat specific to the aha284x right
now since I've hard coded in the type.  However, the FreeBSD EISA
driver wants to be called aic7770.c, and that's rather EISA specific
as well, so probably isn't aic7770 generic.

Right now there is a trend:

	aha -> aha154x
	ahb -> aha174x
	ahc -> aha294x

So, should I and whoever writes the 2742 version use these names?

	ahd -> aha274x
	ahe -> aha284x

It would be nice to have the 27/28/29 series in order, but that's
really not a big deal.

For now I'm calling the driver I've written "ahe" and use the file
``aha284x.c'' in dev/isa and will put the driver and the patches to
the files.pci and others needed to make this work up for ftp later
today.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!