Subject: Re: Adaptec 2940 wierdness
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Patten <greg@loose.apana.org.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/02/1996 01:56:42
I realise (it was kindly pointed out) that this was originally mailed
to an inappropriate list (current-users). My appologies (especially if
you've read this before). Hopefully it's better directed to the i386
crowd.

--

Greetings and happy new year,

I'm having some problems with NetBSD 1.1 and the Adaptec 2940 (wide)
which results in

Dec 30 16:32:22 hock /netbsd: ahc0: ahc_scsi_cmd: more than 256 dma segs

followed by a freeze (no panic). This appeears to be the cause of the
lock ups as it's happened a few times.

Could some kind device driver/kernel hacker please shed some light
on this problem and perhaps provide some advice as to a fix.

Please let me know if you need more detail wrt the system config.

Many thanks,
Greg.