Subject: Re: DMA beyond end of isa
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/01/1996 14:08:29
>I can't help but notice that two of the people in this thread that
>are speaking positively about integration of effort between Free and
>Net are two significant contributors from each side.
>
>Michael Graff and Jordan Hubbard

I would like to see a merger, yes, but I would not consider myself a
major NetBSD contributor...  Not yet, at least.

>Seems like the next step is for them to begin working on getting
>changes moved in the easiest direction, and to accept help from
>others interested in helping.

I think the best thing that can be done now is to get them closer.  I
don't think a merger will happen soon, but that doesn't mean we can't
take ideas and modifications from each other.

>Who in either camp doesn't want this to happen? I sense that they
>are a minority.

Perhaps a minority, but I would bet they are the ones who are strong
enough in the NetBSD side that it wouldn't happen without their
blessing.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!