Subject: Re: DMA beyond end of isa
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/01/1996 13:14:47
> I can't help but notice that two of the people in this thread that
> are speaking positively about integration of effort between Free and
> Net are two significant contributors from each side.
>
> Michael Graff and Jordan Hubbard
>
> Seems like the next step is for them to begin working on getting
> changes moved in the easiest direction, and to accept help from
> others interested in helping.

This discussion doesn't really belong on port-i386.  If you truly
intend to have it, please move it somewhere appropriate. I assume that
means current-users@netbsd.org, and the corresponding FreeBSD list.

> Who in either camp doesn't want this to happen? I sense that they
> are a minority.

Perhaps they are merely not vocal. In any event, this sort of merger
would be highly nontrivial to bring about, and if the technical issues
were to be resolved, the administrative and political ones are likely
to be far more difficult.

It seems questionable for this to be a public process -- both cores
should talk if they truly wish this to happen.

--
John Hawkinson
jhawk@panix.com