Subject: Re: LKM's for some file systems
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/1995 15:39:42
>there's a big difference between a script that:
>	(1) loads procfs, and
>	(2) mounts an instance of procfs using a mount_procfs-type
>	    program,
>
>and a program that loads procfs and mounts it, and you can only mount
>it with the program that loaded it.
>
>In the former case, you need a "mount_procfs" command, but in the
>latter you don't.  I don't see how you can get away without one -- and
>that's what it seems that the first proposal was trying to do.

What I was thinking about here is more or less a two-liner:

load the module
mount -a -t procfs

To unload, umount -a -t procfs and a moduload.

I was thinking of ``this script mounts procfs, and if needed loads the
lkm needed for it'' as one functional unit.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!