Subject: aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/1995 11:15:00
Yesterday I reported here that under 1.1 I was getting "aha0: DMA
beyond end of ISA" messages on a machine with an AHA1542CF and only
16MB of RAM. I also indicated that this, along with a lot of other
errors, seemed to go away when I pulled the EIDE/floppy/IO board.

Well, all the other errors went away, but it appears that this one
didn't. I left the machine running (but more or less idle) all
night, and I had one of these error messages appear around 2 a.m.,
just after the nightly maintenance started. It appears to have
locked up all of the nightly maintenance processes.

Has something changed other than cosmetically in the aha driver
between 1.0 and 1.1? What could be causing this? Could it be a
hardware problem?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.