Subject: Re: dma beyond end of isa (toMAto, tomAto)
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/26/1995 23:39:16
> so shake hands and make up people, cause i for one don't care about
> who said what to who at the '91 USENIX (or where-ever the hell it was)
> that caused all the bad blood.  united you stand, divided you're catfood.

Huh?  I seem to recall being there, and I don't remember anything
particularly nasty being said.  I think the "bad blood" is more a case
of "I don't want to work with you" syndrome between various factions,
and something that's been around since almost the beginning.

I don't necessarily disagree with the catfood remarks, though all I
can say is that I hope you like whiskas because I don't see any of
this happening particularly soon, if ever.  The trend would also not
appear to be one of unification, but of further divergence.

Perhaps in that respect we're only a microcosm of what UNIX itself has
been along!  In that sense, we're following in the grand tradition of
many famous lemmings before us! :-)

						Jordan