Subject: Re: Kudos to Perry; Quantum to Charles?
To: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/21/1995 22:21:41
On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Wayne Berke wrote:

> I wouldn't be so quick to give it away.  I've been using the identical
> drive (Quantum Lightning 730) on the NCR card with absolutely no problems.
> And I have a *slower* CPU (p90).  However, I haven't upgraded to 1.1 yet.
> Did you also see problems with any pre-1.1 versions of the driver?

I'm using a pair of Quantum Lightnings (a 540 and a 365) on my
NetBSD 1.0 system. I had enormous problems originally, but I upgraded
my driver to something recent (it's actually a hack of a recent
FreeBSD version, I believe--I got it directly from Stefan Esser)
and things have calmed down a lot, though I still get the odd error
every few weeks, locking up my system.

I currently use Buslogic controllers in my production machines, though
I look forward to the day when I can use an NCR.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.