Subject: Re: SCSI troubles with ASUS P/I-P55TP4XE and PCI-SC200...
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/20/1995 10:30:06
> Interesting. I have an identical machine from what you've just
> mentioned, and it is running just fine.

Hm.

> A lot of these problems are dependent on the particular version of the
> NCR driver you are using and your disk drive. Could you say what drive
> you are using, and are you using the boot floppies/kernels from the
> 1.1 distribution on the ftp site?

I am using a Quantum Lightning 730, which isn't a particularly fast
drive.   I'm using a kernel that Stu Grossman made for me, since the
one that comes with the 1.1 distribution doesn't successfully probe
the ncr controller.   I believe Stu has a vanilla 1.1 distribution,
but I didn't ask him.

I'd be interested in getting a copy of your kernel.   If you're
willing to part with one, I've made an upload directory on
ftp://ftp.fugue.com/private/perry...

			       _MelloN_