Subject: cross-compile hppa->i386
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/1995 23:19:21
Ok it's off topic, but maybe somebody will know.
Since I haven't been able to compile ~src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/libgcc.

I got myself gcc-2.7.2.tar.gz from a gnu-archive instead
and compiled it, which worked fine.
Then I compiled it for a neighboring hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01
which also went fine.
	Ok so how about a cross-compiler from this lovely
	fast hpux to i386-unknown-netbsd1.1A ?

I made binutils-2.6 --target=i386-unknown-netbsd1.1A
and gcc-2.7.2 same target.

	Now when I try to compile '~src/bin/ls' it the
	resulting 'ls'-binary 'segfaults'. while 'file'
	tells me it's a NetBSD/i386 demand paged executable.

I then ran 'gcc -S' on the files. The ftped the resulting .s
which were assembled nicely into '.o's and linked and it worked.

So I presume something is wrong with my binutils-2.6-as ?
How should I go about finding out what's wrong ? The resulting
.o's from the '.s' files are the same size on both machines,
but they differ.

I've tried creating binutils-2.6 with the local-hp-cc and with hppa-gcc.

any ideas ?
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"