Subject: upgrade memory or I/O first?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@cs.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/1995 17:18:40
I'm looking at either upgrading from 8->16MB of RAM (30 pin SIMMS)
or upgrading from an ISA-based SCSI (AHA-1542B) to VLB (BT-445C).

Any comments on any of this hardware, and any ideas on which will be
a better upgrade from a performance viewpoint?

PS: Yes, I know I said I'd post a summary of the NetBSD-jobs thing, but you
know how it goes.  I haven't gotten around to it :)  I still intend to.

I got sold a HiNT chipset motherboard, being misled into thinking it
supported all EISA features.. but alas, most of it won't work so I won't
bother messing with it.
--
email: vax@cs.utexas.edu
Existential void where prohibited.  PGP key at a keyserver near you.  Fnord