Subject: Re: Upgrading to NetBSD-1.1
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1995 11:34:40
Werner Kuehnert (kue@zerberus.hai.siemens.co.at) wrote:
: Hi !
:
: Yesterday I tried to upgrade my system from 1.0 to 1.1. I first booted with
: the kcoth11 image and then when prompeted inserted the upgrade floppy.
: Everything was fine so far and the install script asked if I want to fsck my
: root partition and I answered yes. This too worked, but when checking the other
: filesystems a bus error ocurred and the script told me to reboot and to run
: fsck manually. So I rebooted (with the floppy disk) and this time I was not

Something similar happened to me.

As I read in the instructions that the fs upgrade was only needed at all when
upgrading from netBSD-0.9 (its the fsck -c 2, I think), I just redid the
upgrade but answered "no".

You can always do a fsck -c 2 manually when installation is complete, if
in doubt.

	Ignatios Souvatzis