Subject: Re: dialin/dialout on same port
To: James E. Bernard <jbernard@geek.mines.edu>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1995 13:14:28
On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, James E. Bernard wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a system for both dialin and dialout on the
> same serial running stock netbsd 1.1.

I'm using HylaFax for this.  (Well, actually, I'm using FlexFax, in a
release from just before they changed the name.)  Works admirably for
interactive connections and fax, incoming and outgoing, all over the
same serial port and modem, no hassle.  And when I recently started
using UUCP as well, Taylor UUCP just simply worked correctly with it.

I'm not switching -- except to the latest release now that we've got
GCC 2.7.2 in the tree, which is needed to compile the C++ code in the
latest HylaFax correctly.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo