Subject: Re: dialin/dialout on same port
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@frodo.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/1995 23:35:43
There's also a wildly enhanced version of Paul Vixie's getty (I forget
whether it's uugetty or mgetty or something else) which I've written,
which is available at http://ftp.fugue.com/modemd-950824.tar.gz.
This should build on NetBSD, FreeBSD and BSDI pretty easily.   I've
built it under 1.0, but it should work fine on 1.1 as well, unless
something's changed that I don't know about.

Modemd handles modem initialization with an /etc/modemcap that
contains initialization strings and customizations.   It also allows
you to take an incoming call and connect it to an arbitrary tcp port,
and allows you to set up a modem so that you can telnet into it and
dial out.   It even has man pages.

If anybody decides to try it out and has comments about it, please let
me know!

			       _MelloN_