Subject: Re: Installing and other projects
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/1995 17:16:36
"Michael Graff" writes:
> There were two projects mentioned to me (either on this list or via
> personal email) that I have not heard anything of lately.
>
> 1) install method

I was doing a bit of hacking on this, but I haven't had time lately. I
have no idea if anyone else is also independently working on hacking
on this.

What I really need is for someone to hack some ioctls to get disk
geometry for unlabeled drives -- given that a lot of other problems
fall into place.

> 2) documentation projects

If you track Current, the first couple of section 9 man pages should
have shown up. We need more of them!

> I saw a sample TOC for a paper/book about hacking kernels, and I think
> there was also one about running a NetBSD system (for users).  Are
> these still going?

Dunno, but we need a lot of documentation written on lots of things,
and I suspect no one will object to your helping!

Perry