Subject: Re: scsi errors writing an ffs filesystem on a ZIP disk
To: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/1995 13:48:21
>For writing ffs, my test case is the 1.1 distribution:

># disklabel -R -B sd1 zipbsd.label
># newfs /dev/rsd1a
># mount /dev/sd1a /mnt
># tar -f base11.tar.gz -C /mnt -xv

>And here is the disklabel I have been using:
	[ ... ]
>Can anyone perform that test case successfully on their ZIP drive?

Just tried it with your disklabel and commands verbatim, and it worked
perfectly. I'm using an Adaptec 1542CF:

	aha0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq 5
	aha0 targ 0 lun 0: <MAXTOR, LXT-340S, 6.57> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
	aha0 targ 1 lun 0: <QUANTUM, MAVERICK 540S, 0905> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
	aha0 targ 5 lun 0: <IOMEGA, ZIP 100, N*32> SCSI2 0/direct removable

My 1542CF has all the features enabled for all targets (disconnect, parity,
sync transfer, etc).

Cheers
Phil
--
Phil Knaack                    flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group