Subject: Re: two IDE drives
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/1995 01:00:38
On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Michael Graff wrote:

> My choice was to go one step further (with SCSI drives in my case) and
> put the root and some swap on the first drive.  I made the root about
> 40M or so, and 16M of swap...

Assuming you have /tmp, /var and /usr all on separate partitions
(traditionally e, f, and g), a 16 MB root is just fine, and 20 MB
is extremely roomy.  I generally find I'm using 12 MB or so on my
root, depending on how many extra bootable kernels I have kicking
around.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.